Friday, September 19, 2008

Digital mistake!


Well another week has passed and I am going to take this time to vent some of my frustration on my blog!! My blog this week is a way for me to release some of my bottled up anger towards Bell Home telephone.
So the story goes... I temporarily resided at an apartment in east London last year, 1 week to be exact, where I had agreed to activate a home telephone line through Bell. After 7 days I realized that this was clearly not the area of the city best suited for me, as many come to see, and moved out shortly thereafter. I phoned Bell where they conveniently made sure to "record our conversation for quality assurance and educational purposes". This honestly makes me laugh. I spoke with a representative who was kind enough to cancel my home telephone as well as my internet. I was advised to send in the modem and that a $30 cancellation fee would apply; which I paid shortly after. I moved out of the apartment into a different location and forgot about my brief, and clearly illusive, interaction with Bell and continued on my regular life.
So what's the big deal you ask?
Last week, as in the week of Sept. 8th/2008, I get a letter in the mail, magically to my new address, indicating that I have a delinquent past due balance remaining on my account in the amount of $180. Thinking to myself that it was probably a mere "Digital mistake" I phoned Bell only to be informed that I had 1 week to pay the balance otherwise my credit would become affected. Bell claims that my conversation with them had never occurred and they had no record of my phone conversation. All that they said was that I would need to provide them with my "telephone cancellation confirmation number" so that they may review the file. Well my question to them is WHO KEEPS THEIR CANCELLATION NUMBER FROM 1.5YRS AGO?????
Bell was extremely unhelpful with the matter and to make things worse they did not seem the slightest bit concerned to lose me as a potential future customer.
Where did the mistake occur? Where did everything go wrong? Should they not at least compromise with me considering not a single phone call, according to their current records, was made from then until now? This is ridiculous!
Well to make a long story short.... well actually a long story longer, I am no longer going to deal with Bell under any circumstance! I am disappointed with their service and most of all it baffles me how swiftly and punctually companies like Bell take your money but how slow they are to correct their mistakes.

- Thanks for hearing me out!!

No comments: