Friday, September 12, 2008

My Alpha


My professional blogging career begins here. Having no previous experience or even interest in blogging I find myself almost at a loss for words. Being loud mouthed, vocal and border line unceremonious at times this is a quite an unusual place for me. I will however say this. Blogging is an innovative way for one to express his or her opinions through a medium that allows for the greatest amount of agency possible. One has to be aware however that this can be as dangerous as it can be beneficial.

The WWW. has ushered in an era of unprecedented change, to say the least. It can be compared in its effects to that of Gutenberg's work in the 15th century. The difference is however the Internets shock value upon its arrival. It would appear that we live in age of incessant change. Change that occurs so rapidly our minds fail to appreciate one innovation before another one is advertised. What can we expect to happen if technological advancements are made at such an incomprehensible pace? Will technology defile our ability to move forward? Perhaps I was too young when the internet came to the fore but I think many simply take it for granted. We all know what happens when people take things for granted.

What I am trying to say here is that the internet is an outward expression of technological advancement. When an ever changing medium as potent as the internet is either used in the wrong ways, for the wrong purposes, or disregarded for its powerful effects it can prove to be disastrous. One has to take into account how the internet can become beneficial for us and how we can organize this medium in a safe comprehensible way so that it will not self destruct.

No comments: